7 de febrero de 2012

Requiem for a Remembrance

I

This city has changed,
streets, are not the same as before.

"Calle del Cañon" - Antonio Muñoz Vera
Maybe, what is not the same is me,
the city remains motionless in Its routine:

The carriages are still running around the streets,
each morning, crowding the streets with salesman selling fresh fish and fruits.

I no longer see It the same

Not after you

The waves are still engulfing the beach sand
The sun, just as inclement
The breeze, just as refreshing

I no longer feel It the same

Not after you


II

Fill me with memories of a night, a city, deep eyes ...

Now, it is day, I left the city and the eyes have flown,
deep yes, like ocean.

I should burn those looks and scatter the ashes in the streets,
so I would get rid the memory.

Then you would be in the lungs of the bitches in the Portal,
disturbing the eyes of the guards of the luxurious hotels
and soiling the expensive suits of elitists people who flood the streets of the Cartagena' unreal.

With that, I would stop talking about the past
and instead,
begin to feel you in every corner.
In people who are here.

III

I don´t wanna to be the writer of the memoirs of many adventures;
I Don´t even pretend to be who sees, again and again,
how it hurts to say goodbye to deep eyes.

I won´t be the one who comforts sad eyes when the words are converted to kilometers,
kilometers in kindness, and courtesy in routine;
and everyone knows that when things become soiled with custom,
relevance is lost.

IV

I write because it's my best and only way to turn the words, the looks,
and the silence in ashes and scatter them through the streets, avenues, squares and bars.

V

After many steps, and so many words spoken;
After burning, with lyrics, the cause of my misfortunes.

After all, I only ask three unrelated questions:

What moves the wheel of your life?
Where are your sighs?
How does the city look without you?

Recommended song: Strange Things Will Happen by Radio Dept
"Cartagena" - Enrique Grau



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

El pueblo se pronuncia...